Latest in Nudge

6.05.2009

Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan is taunting The Belichik



NY Jets HC Rex Ryan

New Jets Head Coach Rex Ryan was interviewed on New York Radio Station WFAN the other day and had this to say, an obvious knock on Mangini as well as Belichick:

"I never came here to kiss Bill Belichick's rings," Ryan said Wednesday in an interview on WFAN. "I came here to win, let's put it that way.... I'm certainly not intimidated by New England or anybody else."
Since coming to New York by way of Baltimore, Ryan has been saying all the right things. Now, come the second week of the 2009 season, Ryan is going to have to back up those words with his team out on the field. The only problem is, the Jets don't have an established quarterback coming into the season, and even if they did, they don't have any receivers to throw to.

Jets will be playing solid defense, that I'm sure of. The problem with them is they are going to have problems moving the sticks on offense. I stand by my draft evaluation, Dirty Sanchez is not going to be the second coming of Joe Willy Namath. the Jets reached way too high for a kid who really, outside of the Oregon State game, has never faced adversity.

The problem with Ryan's say anything attitude, and don't get me wrong I love it, is that he's allowing his players to say the same kind of things to the press.
On Monday, safety Kerry Rhodes, via his Twitter account, predicted, "We will be the best defense in the league this year." Ryan said he concurred with Rhodes, adding, "I'm excited about that comment."
This is going to be a big problem. If the Jets had a little better offensive personnel, I would love this kind of stuff. But I have a funny feeling, the "Kiss Belichiks Ring" statement is going to blow up in his face....this year.

source:NYDailynews


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Free Web Hosting